Weissman Equities | Strategy
Weissman Equities pursues a compelling opportunity in the New York City commercial real estate market by providing an institutional investment framework, discipline and asset management strategy to assets below $30M.
The investment process begins by identifying neighborhoods that meet our proprietary investment criteria. We then target assets within pre-screened neighborhoods that are underutilized, have operational inefficiencies or below-market rents. Through rigorous due diligence, forecasting, and evaluation of all multiple scenarios, we assess the investment potential of each property.
Upon identification and selection, we then capitalize the asset with the most advantageous debt/equity structure available. Upon acquisition, we aggressively work to enhance the property’s value through meticulous and intensive post-acquisition management, leasing, marketing, or redevelopment.
Once our investments have reached their full value potential, Weissman Equities monetizes the value through a capital event, typically in the form of an outright sale or refinancing. Below are the five strategic factors considered in every investment.
- Design: Weissman Equities believes that smart design enhances the quality of life for our residents and consequently creates substantial value for our investors. Whether adjusting apartment layouts to maximize functionality, light, or creatively branding properties, Weissman Equities aims to design the best product in every market. Our approach is defined by an intensive focus on how people want to live and combining our innovative approach with best practices among our peers.
- Long-Term & Community Focus: When Weissman Equities invests in a property, we recognize we are making an investment in the community. Our approach is long-term in nature with a strong sensitivity and respect to the communities and neighborhoods we invest in. Weissman Equities takes a particular interest in activating the streetscape and creating a dialogue with the community. Whether selecting the right retail tenants, adding street trees and lighting to the sidewalks, or improving the facades and signage plans, Weissman Equities takes a holistic approach to property and community development.
- Market Selection: The firm targets select properties in promising neighborhoods we believe will outperform the broader New York City market. Target sub-markets we prefer often feature (1) excellent access to mass transit (2) distinctive architectural character and identity (3) access to employment centers (4) institutional neighborhood anchors including universities, hospital and museums and (5) robust retail and amenity.
- Expense Reduction: Weissman Equities’ hands-on approach insures high level asset performance and maximum cash flow to our investors. From utility and energy audits to acquiring specific classes of properties, Weissman Equities aims to maximize the net income.
- Creating value “on-the buy”: Weissman Equities has broad sourcing capabilities and a reputation for delivering on its commitments. By leveraging the firm’s trusted relationships with brokers, lenders, property managers, service providers, and other landlords, Weissman Equities often receives a first-look at deals, allowing the firm to buy in non-competitive situations. Please email opportunities and deal information to our acquisitions department at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about investing with Weissman Equities, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org